Thursday, July 15, 2010

Day 176: Bruschetta

Day 176.

Bruschetta is one of my favorite summer dishes. It tastes so fresh and summery. There are a bajillion different ways to make it, but this is my favorite.

Here's what you'll need.
Photobucket
French bread (Walmart will slice it for you. Just ask)
2 roma tomatoes
garlic
olive oil
basil

Photobucket
Begin by dicing the tomatoes.

Photobucket
And placing them into a bowl.

Photobucket
Add in a couple of garlic cloves and a healthy sprinkle of basil. I don't measure, just go by taste.

Photobucket
Add in about a teaspoon of olive oil and give it a good stir. Set aside. This can actually be made up a day ahead of serving. Just keep it in the fridge.

Photobucket
Brush both sides of the bread with olive oil and place onto a grill over medium heat.

Photobucket
I like a bit of char on my bread. It won't take long to toast up.

Photobucket
Once it's toasty, take it off of the heat.

Photobucket
To serve, place one toast onto a plate.

Photobucket
And top with tomatoes. Yum. Summer on a plate :)

1 comment:

Stay At Home Mom said...

Yum! It made my mouth water. Thanks for sharing this recipe. Will definitely try this one!