Sunday, January 3, 2010

Day 2: Italian Beef and First Setback!

Day 2.

I had grand plans of making a post about Italian Beef in the crockpot, which is one of the family's favorites.

I went to bed late last night, after blogging and watching a movie with Kurt, his brother, C, and C's girlfriend, M. I promptly slept in this morning until 11:30. Kurt, bless his soul, got the stuff in the crockpot for me.

Apparently, the roast was still a bit frozen in the middle. After cooking it for a good 8 hours (7 of those on HI), it wasn't quite finished. So we went to Joe's Pizza. The beef will be lunch tomorrow.

I'll go ahead and post the recipe, with pictures of the finished product tomorrow.

1 3-4 pound beef roast
(Get something cheap. You'll cook it so long it will be tender no matter what)
1 jar pepperoncini peppers

1 bottle Italian salad dressing

Throw it all in a crockpot, cook on HI 6-7 hours until meat is shred-able. Usually. Unless the roast is still frozen and you sleep in. Boo.
So. That will come tomorrow, and I'll even show you what you can do with the leftovers. If you forgive me for the setback for today. :)

No comments: