Saturday, February 6, 2010

Day 37: Apple Crisp

Day 37.

We went out for supper tonight after a rather crap-tacular day, so I thought I'd make this for the blog since I had apples that were needing to be used.

Here's what you'll need.
Photobucket
10 cups apples, peeled and sliced
1 cup white sugar
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 cup water
1 cup quick cooking oats
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 cup melted butter

Preheat oven to 350*

Photobucket
Place the sliced apples in a 9x13 pan.

Photobucket
Mix together the white sugar, 1 tablespoon flour and cinnamon.

Photobucket
Sprinkle the mixture over the apples.

Photobucket
Pour the water evenly over all.

Photobucket
Combine the oats, 1 cup flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda.

Photobucket
Stir well.

Photobucket
Add the butter, and stir until the mixture is well combined.

Photobucket
Crumble the mixture over the top.

Photobucket
Let you faithful assistant help you get all the crumbly goodness outta the bowl.

Bake at 350* for 45 minutes.

Photobucket

Serve warm.

Photobucket
Ice cream is good here as well.

I really like this recipe. Most other apple crisps I've made don't use water. The water in this particular recipe work with the sugars to make an caramel-like syrup that's fantastic. I hope you'll try this one!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just might, I don't know if I have that many apples though. How many apples make 10 cups?

I was going to make the other apple recipe you posted, but I don't have any sprite. Boo.

BGndr said...

K,
I think I used 8 apples.

For the dumplings, you can use Mt. Dew if you have that.

The Charm of Home said...

Oh, ice cream is a must with this one.!