Sunday, February 7, 2010

Day 38: No Bake Cookies

Day 38.

These are Kurt's favorite cookies, so I thought I'd make some for him to take to our neighbor's super bowl party. I wasn't feeling so great, so I took a nap on the couch. Win-win!

Here's what you'll need for these.
Photobucket
2 cups sugar
1 stick butter
1/2 cup milk
2/3 cup peanut butter
3 tablespoons cocoa powder
1 tsp. vanilla
3 cups oats

Photobucket
Melt the butter, sugar and milk together in a pan.

Photobucket
Once the butter is melted, boil the mixture for 1 minute.

Photobucket
Remove from heat and stir in the peanut butter.

Photobucket
Then add the cocoa and vanilla, stirring until well combined.

Photobucket
Finally, stir in the oats.

Photobucket
I use a cookie scoop to portion out the cookies. Let sit until cookies are set up.

1 comment:

The Charm of Home said...

I have been making these wrong for years! I put the cocoa in with the butter and sugar and I have never gotten mine to form a great cookie. I end up spreading them in a 9x13 and eventually cutting them. It was a hand-me-down recipe and directions were missing. I taught myself how to cook!! I love this blog Bobbi. You should come join me on Foodie Friday. Anything goes and it's fun.