Friday, March 5, 2010

Day 64: Cake Batter Ice Cream!!!!

Day 64.

Here it is, my dears. I told you I would have a recipe to use up the rest of the cake mix if you made rolls. And...it's cake batter ice cream. This stuff is freaking amazing.

Let's get started!!!
Here's what you'll need.
Photobucket
1 cup milk
1/2 cup white sugar
2 egg yolks
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cups heavy whipping cream
3/4 cup white cake mix

Photobucket
Go ahead and give your yolks a good beating.

Photobucket
Then, put everything into a saucepan.

Photobucket
Whisk together.

Photobucket
Cook over medium heat until the mixture is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.

Photobucket
Pour into a bowl, and refrigerate until well chilled.

Photobucket
Hook up your ice cream maker and go to town!!

Photobucket
Once the mixture is churned, add in a couple tablespoons of sprinkles if you so desire. We obviously did.

Transfer to a freezable container and freeze until solid.

Photobucket
Dish out and enjoy!!

This is seriously some of the best ice cream I've ever had. I love my peanut butter cup too, but this...well...it takes the cake!!

3 comments:

The Charm of Home said...

We just had the cupcake milkshake at BK. I bet this taste like that. And I know it is a lot cheaper.

Lisa said...

How fun is that?! I think I'll try that some time. I wonder if it would work with light cream?

BGndr said...

Lisa, It should work. The texture may not be as thick, but it should be fine.