Monday, March 8, 2010

Day 67: Chicken and Veggies in Garlic Butter Sauce

Day 67.

This is another super easy go-to meal. You can mix it up with whatever veggies you have on hand. We had broccoli, so that's what we used, but I've made this with asparagus too and it's super yummy.

I took this meal to a new mom tonight. She reads the blog, so I hope you liked it, Kelly!!

Here's what you'll need.
Photobucket
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 box angel hair pasta
1 cup veggies
1 cup butter
2 garlic cloves

Photobucket
Dice the chicken into bite-sized pieces.

Photobucket
Chuck it in a skillet and cook through

Photobucket
Steam the broccoli.

Photobucket
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain.

Photobucket
In the pot where you cooked the pasta, add in the butter.

Photobucket
Once it's melted, stir in the garlic.

Photobucket
Add the broccoli and chicken. Stir until heated through.

Photobucket
Add the pasta. Stir until well combined. If the pasta looks kind of dry, stir in a couple more tablespoons of butter.

Photobucket
Mmmm! There you go!


3 comments:

Johnsen's said...

Hey....I can do this AND I have all the ingredients. I'm taking the chicken out now. THANKS!

Kelly R said...

Good recipe and thanks again for the meal Ginder Family!!! We also loved the bread which you didn't mention! What kind was it?

BGndr said...

Oh! I didn't mention it because I just bought it at WalMart ad heated it up. :) It's Garlic Foccacia bread. You can get it in their bakery section.