Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Day 69: The Frank

Day 69.

I don't really know what to call this, so I'm calling it The Frank. The first time I made this dish, Kurt freaked out "OMG! My dad used to make something like this. Ah, crap!" After his initial shock, he tried it and found that he liked it! Apparently, mine is better than Frank's. Let's not tell him that, okay? This is fairly healthy too, because the green beans are fresh, and I use turkey sausage, which is very low in fat.

Here's what you'll need.
Photobucket
2 cups of fresh, trimmed green beans
2 links of smoked, precooked turkey sausage (about a pound)
4-5 potatoes
2 tbsp. Italian dressing
Pepper
Parsley
Sea Salt

Photobucket
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.

Photobucket
Dice all the potatoes, and boil until fork tender.

Photobucket
Meanwhile, place the beans and dressing into a steamer bag, and steam according to directions.

Photobucket
Dice the sausage into coins.

Photobucket
Once the potatoes are tender, drain them. Add the sausage to the pan and heat through, seasoning with pepper.

Photobucket
Add the beans to the pot.

Photobucket
Add the potatoes back to the pot.

Photobucket
If the mixture looks a little dry, like mine did, add a little bit more Italian dressing to help it out. Sprinkle with parsley.

Photobucket
Ta-da! So there it is. The Frank. :)




2 comments:

Johnsen's said...

Hmmm....interesting. I always make my turkey-sausage the same way so I'm looking forward to trying this.

BTW, my Chicken in garlic butter sauce was really yummy (I had zucchini instead of broccoli) last night. And today for lunch too! THANKS!

BGndr said...

Oh, yay! I'm glad you liked the chicken! I love that you can swap in whatever veggies you have on hand.