Monday, March 29, 2010

Day 88: Fruit and Yogurt Parfait

Day 88.

I love the fruit and yogurt parfaits from McDonalds, but hate having to buy something so simple. So here's my recipe for the homemade version.

Here's what you'll need.
Photobucket
Vanilla yogurt
Frozen blueberries
Strawberries
Granola

Photobucket
Get a container ready. I like to use small-ish storage containers with lids. That way I can make several of these babies at a time and store 'em in the fridge.

Photobucket
Plop in a couple of spoonfuls of yogurt.

Photobucket
Layer in strawberries. I like to use prefrozen ones, because they have a little big of juice with them.

Photobucket
Add in some blueberries.

Photobucket
Repeat the layers. If you're making several of these ahead, stop here. Otherwise the granola gets soggy. Package up the granola separately to keep it crunchy.

Photobucket
If you'll be eating this now, sprinkle on some granola.

Photobucket
Yumm-O!!

No comments: