Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Day 75: Aunt Betty Cupcakes for St. Patrick's Day

Day 75.

This is the recipe I always use for cakes/cupcakes. I'm not exactly sure where it came from, but I do know that its super good!

Here's what you'll need.
Photobucket
1 cake mix, any brand-any flavor (White is especially good)
3 egg whites
1 1/2 tbsp. powdered sugar
1/3 cup oil
1 1/2 cups water

Preheat your oven to temperature indicated on cake mix box. Mine was 350*, I believe.

Photobucket
Combine all ingredients into mixer bowl.

Photobucket
Mix well.

Photobucket
Line muffin tins with liners. This makes 24 cupcakes.

Photobucket
Fill muffin cups about half full with batter.

Photobucket
Bake as directed. I baked mine for 18 minutes. I like to pull them out before they're too brown.

Let cool, then frost as desired.

Photobucket
Since I made these for Millie's class for St. Patrick's Day, we frosted them green, put on green sprinkles and topped with Lucky Charms cereal. :) I think the kids really enjoyed them!

2 comments:

DeAnn said...

They did...and so did the teachers...they shared with the class nextdoor! ;)

BGndr said...

Aw! That was nice!