Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Day 76: Green Waffles and Green Milk for St. Patrick's Day

Day 76.

This is what we had for supper tonight, for St. Patrick's Day. The waffles were really easy, because I used the recipe out of the Bisquick cookbook. :)

Here's what you'll need.
Photobucket
2 cups Bisquick
1 1/3 cups milk
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 egg
And, if you wanna go crazy, food coloring

Photobucket
Combine the Bisquick, milk, oil and egg in a medium bowl. Stir well.

Photobucket
Now here's the part where we go crazy!!!

Photobucket
Drop in some food coloring.

Photobucket
Give it a good stir. I didn't think it was NEAR green enough.

Photobucket
Just keep adding and stirring until you reach your desired green-ness.
I think I ended up with something like 45 drops of green...

Photobucket
Now. Preheat your waffle maker. I can't tell you exactly how to do that because I don't know what kind you have. It'd be nice if I did, huh?

Photobucket
Once it's heated, pour your batter on the plates and cook as directed.

Photobucket
Ta-da!

Photobucket
Remove to a plate, and repeat the process with all the batter.


Now. For the green milk. I apologize for the blurriness, but kid moves fast!

Photobucket
Put some milk in a glass.

Photobucket
Add in some green food coloring (about 8 drops) then stir!

Photobucket
Drink it up!

Photobucket
And show off your green moustache!

Photobucket
Yum!

Photobucket
And one more bonus shot of a happy Leprechaun hunter!


2 comments:

DeAnn said...

mmmm...looks yummy! Who knew St. Patrick's Day could be so fun!

jodi said...

What a great idea for St. Patty's Day! I would eat it anytime though:)